Quality of Life Offenses
These crimes are prosecuted by the Office of the Attorney General (OAG). Even though these crimes are relatively minor charges compared to other criminal offenses, it can still lead to fines, jail time, and a permanent criminal record. A permanent criminal record can have a multi-faceted negative impact in your life, including your employability, security clearance, ability to obtain loans, and education opportunities. OAG may, however, offer various diversion options for first offenders.
Types of Quality of Life Offenses
- Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol - D.C. Code § 25–1001
- False Report to the Police - D.C. Code § 22–1319
- Drinking in Public - D.C. Code § 25–1001
- Public Intoxication - D.C. Code § 25–1001
- Operating an ATV on Public Space - D.C. Code § 50–2201
- Fake ID - D.C. Code § 25–1002
- Illegal Dumping - D.C. Code § 8–902
- Disorderly Conduct - D.C. Code § 22–1321
- Protest - D.C. Code § 22–1307
If you have been charged with any kind of quality of life offense, call us now! With an experienced criminal attorney by your side, Wagner, PLLC will fight for you.
She is highly focused and carries the responsibility to represent her clients and provide the best outcome possible.- Former Client
She gave me hope and was able to fully resolve my problem right away.- Bruno G.
Wagner PLLC has been with me every step of the way in my legal endeavors, absolutely responsive at any time of day, a clear communicator that always has your best interest in heart.- Christian K.
Wagner PLLC will relentlessly advocate for you and be your best choice every time.- Ciara M.